Monday, March 2, 2020

February, 2019

February is the month I travel to Akron, PA for work meetings. The garden space in O'Hare was a magical little oasis for me during my layover going east.
 Hands down the best part of going to PA is seeing my friend Diana in Lancaster. She takes us to fun new restaurants and this Trinidadian place was delicious and beautiful.
 Good old MCC in Akron...
 More treats in Lancaster
 Funny thing - with no pictures to show for it - but I had my first experience of getting stuck in an airport overnight on my way back to Kansas. I was very thankful for the cot, blanket and toiletries handed out by the airport attendant.
I got some new artwork for our house -  designed and made by a local artist.
 Levi's last elementary school program, it's always fun to see the creative leadership the 5th grade class brings to the spring concert.
 Not a good photo, but he was excited to play his trombone with the band!
 Happy 13th birthday Noah!
 Soon after he came down with Influenza A - thankfully he recovered very quickly and most of these supplies were not actually needed.
 In February, good food nourishes the body and the soul - February is a rough month.
 Ben is so good at the details of planting seeds - I'm not - and I'm thankful for this balance between us.
 Noah competed on his classes Quiz Bowl team.
 I try to keep a bunch of plants alive inside the house all winter and sometimes they bloom and it's just about the best thing ever!
 Eggs....we always have lots of eggs, even in the dead of winter our chickens just keep on producing.

No comments:

Post a Comment