Thursday, December 8, 2016

November, 2016

Returning home from a trip is always a treat. Your own shower, bed, space, and for me, my favorite road. I know, I'm kinda weird. But I love the dirt road near our house. I love to walk it and lucky for me, the day after we got back from Haiti I got to enjoy the Kansas sunshine while walking on my favorite dirt road.
Our flowers kept blooming until Thanksgiving this year! 
Corn was growing in the road. And the road maintainer had just gone over the road, but this corn was stubborn and was going to keep growing until frost.
Whatever this giant plant is, it had some of the biggest leaves I've seen in Kansas and was gorgeous!
When I got back to the farm, Wilbur and I went to visit the ladies. The chickens were enjoying the warm fall weather too!
Wilbur got a fancy new blanket to drag around the yard.
Levi and I enjoyed warm sunshine while we ate donuts in Newton one Saturday morning. He LOVES donut holes!
Traditional Thanksgiving food is so good, and something that I only have once, maybe twice a year. The Goessel community comes together for a community Thanksgiving meal, and once again, it was delicious!! All the good stuff and lots of gravy.

Mr. Levi is going to get braces. This was from our very first visit when he had to hold his cheek back for photographs. He put his brave face on for the first visit, but I know he's not looking forward to the next few visits...
We enjoyed a visit from Ben's parents just before Thanksgiving. Levi's 3rd grade class held Grandparent's Day and Levi was excited to have all four of his grandparents join in the fun.

We love hosting Tim and Sue at our house, it's always a treat!

I said we had flowers blooming on Thanksgiving and I wasn't kidding! I snapped this in the afternoon on Thanksgiving. :-)
Ahhh...and one last bit of delicious Thanksgiving food - I love all those flavors together on one plate. And if I had them together very often I wouldn't appreciate it like I do in November.
Levi, proudly showing off the star that Aunt Pat guided the kids through making. I just love that she figures out a craft project for them to work on each Thanksgiving!
And the day after Thanksgiving, we had nothing going on, the weather was nice, so we went and got our Christmas tree!

It was a group effort, for sure.
And that afternoon, it was so nice I went for a walk. The easiest way to get to the dirt road is through this wheat field.
and now the house has a few bits of Christmas here and there and it feels cozy. Plus, those colorful stained glass candle holders are from Haiti and my heart feels warm each time I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment