Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Colorado Weekend

I had to go to Denver to attend an event for work. It was the same weekend as Ben's birthday so months ago when I found out about the trip I started searching to see what might be happening around Denver that weekend. Turns out one of our favorite bands The Avett Brothers, was going to be at Red Rocks Amphitheater! So while my parents cared for our boys, we took off for Denver.
Ben played a couple rounds of golf while I worked, but I had time to join him for a meal or two.
We ate delicious food everywhere we went!  
And we had some tasty drinks too!
These nachos were outstanding. Quite literally the best nachos I've ever had.
The drive up to Red Rocks was gorgeous!
I didn't realize the hike we'd have to make to get up to the venue. That makes perfect sense since it's on a mountain, but I hadn't put that together ahead of time. We finally got up alllllll the stairs and these lovely ladies were handing out free snacks.
The view is pretty good from up there!

During the opening act (Gary Clark Jr.) we noticed this artist on the side of the venue who was dancing and painting. I was curious what he was creating on the canvas so I went over to check it out. He was creating an amazing image of the performance taking place on the stage. He did the same thing when The Avett Brothers were on stage, but it was dark by then so I never got a good look at it.
All the photos I took at the concert were pretty terrible...but the concert was wonderful. There were moments we were laughing and singing along and moments that I quietly listened with tears in my eyes. It was a great show!
The next day, while I was working I thought I saw the bass player from The Avett Brothers walk by outside in the parking lot. I figured I was just imagining things, but then a couple hours later I saw him again and then I was sure it was him. A little later I walked past a woman who looked just like the fiddle player for the band. So I got up the nerve to talk to her and sure enough! I gave her some compliments about the show the night before and we went our separate ways. I didn't even think to ask her to take a photo with me, but I did take this photo of her just because...hahaha.
All in all it was a wonderful weekend full of good people and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment