Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Mmmmm....pumpkin!

I grew pumpkins in my garden this summer. But the squash bugs beat me to them, so instead of harvesting beautiful little pie pumpkins, we piled all the vines in a heap, doused them with diesel and lit them on fire! The squash bugs were so thick, that when I moved the vines the bugs covered the ground and made it look like that entire patch of earth was shimmering and moving. It. was. bad. So we burned them and hopefully eliminated most of the bugs in the process. If nothing else, it was deeply satisfying to believe that all those menacing bugs were destroyed. 
 Lucky for me, the grocery store sells pie pumpkins! I know, they sell pumpkin puree in a can, Ben told me that. But I told him I had wanted to puree my own and I was determined to make it happen.
 Thankfully, Noah was around to lend a hand with the pureeing part. :-)

 And now I have a bunch of pumpkin puree in my freezer just waiting to be eaten!
Mmmmmm....pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment