Friday, November 20, 2015

Halloween 2015

Oh Halloween....not my favorite holiday, but as the mother of two boys it's one I cannot simply pass-by.
I was tasked by the school to help with Levi's class party. Again, not my favorite thing to do on not my favorite holiday, but I tried to make the most of it. I took charge of the food and made little pudding cup treats for the kiddos. 
 I made Ben come help me at the party - first game was the make-your-classmate-into-a-mummy-with-toilet-paper one. I'd never led that game before, but quickly learned that buying the cheapest 1-ply toilet paper wasn't the best idea. It kept breaking for the kids and turned out to make a big mess.
 Oh well, they still had fun!
 The mummified 2nd graders!

 Halloween supper outside - it was a beautiful evening!
 They're absolutely thrilled to have their picture taken, can't you tell?!
 They convinced Ben to go as a football ref. Since he's been officiating high school football this year that was no problem! He quickly got dressed and suddenly I had 3 trick-or-treaters. ;-)
 First stop - Grandma and Grandpa's house!
 Then we met up with friends in town to walk around with. They're big Patriots fans, and where Noah got his Tom Brady jersey from. So, we had coach Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, a ref, a crazy Patriots fan, an astronaut and a knight - quite the crew!
 We had a lot of fun walking around town, following the boys as they collected candy.
 The next morning when Noah dumped out his "pumpkin" this is what he had!

 That's a lot of candy Levi!
On Halloween, I went with a friend up to Hays to watch the Goessel volleyball team win the State Championship. They were so fun to watch and it was a tough last match for them. Driving to Hays is no small feat but I'm glad we made the 2+ hour drive to be there in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment