Monday, June 29, 2015

Saturday harvest

My sister and Rylee Jo came out to the country to get in on some wheat harvest. It's always fun to spend time out in a wheat field - don't you think? 
 When we got their my dad was in a far corner of the field so we had some time to burn while we waited for him.
Throughout harvest, Noah spent hours and hours hanging out with cousin Kyle in the tractor pulling the grain cart.
 But while they waited for the combine to fill up again, they came and visited with us.
 It's tough to wait on a combine...
 but here it comes!
 And soon, my sister and Rylee were off in the combine and both of the boys hopped in with Kyle and I was standing all alone in the field!
 So I found a seat on the header trailer and watched the clouds float by. The sky was amazing, and I was sitting on top of a hill so I could see for miles and miles around.
 Soon enough the bin was full again and Rylee was ready to move on.
 And harvest rolled on...
 And just before we left, here came Ben up over the hill with the airseeder planting soybeans.
The farmers tell me that if everything runs smoothly we should wrap up harvest in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment