Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Day of School

Somehow summer blew right past us and here we are at the beginning of school again! This year, both boys were eager for school and knew what to expect. The only hurdle was waking up at 6:20am! 
The boys continued their routine of eating breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa's house. 
 The boys were up and ready so early that their grandparents weren't ready for breakfast yet!
 Finally it was time! Grandpa is in charge of the cereal - he knows just how much sugar to add to cornflakes to make them taste really good.
Then it was time for me to snap a few photos before the bus took off!
 Don't they look grown up and ready to go?! I have to keep reminding myself that we have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader.
 Levi was very excited to go back to school. I think he was enjoying the fact that he knew what to expect this year compared to last year.

 Noah was excited to see his friends again too - plus, he claims Mr. Wiens is the "funniest" teacher in school.

 And then off they went - while Ben visited with Jeremy.
 It was a warm, cloudy morning that turned into a rainy day - not typical weather for the first day of school.
 That evening, at the school open house I got to check out their classrooms and hear from their teachers. Levi was excited to show me the caterpillars and chrysalis' in his classroom.
 Noah played the role of know-it-all-big-brother quite well...until I told him to go out and play on the playground.
 After seeing and hearing about the 1st Grade classroom, it was time to check out the third grade room.
 Noah switched roles into goofy-show-off while we were in his classroom, can you tell? Oh well. I thought it was nice that he was excited to show me his desk and classroom.
They also showed me around the entire building (as if I don't know what's where...) but I did enjoy this bright spot of artwork that the art teacher had some kids create.
It seems like the boys are settling in to their new classrooms and are getting used to their new teachers. Neither one has complained at all and they both continue to love lunch, recess and P.E. Three days into the new year and all is well! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment