Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Making Friends

Hi! No, this isn't a post about me making new friends. But since I took a photo of myself, I thought for once in a blue moon I'd actually include myself on this blog. :-) 
 For a little while on Sunday afternoon Levi, Ben and I spent some time outside. The little bit of icy-snow we got earlier in the weekend was melting in the sunshine, and it felt so good to soak it up for a little while.
Gutters are a good thing and I'm looking forward to our new house having them.
 Then we won't have puddles outside our doors anymore!
 We decided it was time to visit the cattle. Ben had just finished pushing up feed so we went out to say hello to the steers.
 They were busy eating until we got close and Harold ran past them,
 then they all ran away.  Levi decided to push the feed up again with his feet. He'd been working for a while when he stopped to say he was gonna take a break and then finish up....then he looked behind him and decided to just give up.
 Hmmmm....yummy feed!

 We walked around to the other side of the cattle pen and Ben lured a few steers in with some alfalfa.
 It worked! Levi even got to pet this courageous steer. He was pretty excited to have gotten so close to one finally.
 Their winter coats look so thick and shaggy! No wonder they just stand out in the open while it snows on them!
 It was fun to make friends with at least one steer!

No comments:

Post a Comment