Thursday, February 6, 2014

Covered in Snow

Boots, boots, snowy, wet and messy boots cover our mudroom floor. 
 It snowed all day on Tuesday, something like 9 inches or so, and then the temperatures dropped and Wednesday was a COLD day.
 I went out in the morning to snap some photos because I always think the farm is magical when it's covered in snow.
 And then I spotted this Sun Dog! I didn't know it was called that, until I came inside and saw other people posting photos of it on Facebook. There was one on each side of the sun and it was beautiful! Such a welcome sight after Tuesday's cloudy/snowy weather.

 The icicles hanging down in front of my kitchen window are quite something!


 Harold loves to eat snow and icicles, and run around in the snow.
 Feeding cattle in the snow has its challenges - one tractor to move snow, one tractor feed cattle.
 And one happy dog bounding through the snow.
 It was about 2 degrees outside when Noah and I first tried to do some sledding.
 He made it down a couple of times, but then we decided to head inside to warm up. Later in the afternoon we all went out and did some sledding down some bigger piles of snow. By then it was a whopping 7 degrees outside, so we lasted a little while before needing to go back inside. Hopefully, we'll get some warmer weather so we can enjoy the snow even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment