Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Days

Saturday I spent an hour or so processing the pumpkins I grew in the garden. I love doing this. It's easy and at the end of the process there's pure pumpkin goodness.
 I processed nine pumpkins and they absolutely filled our oven.
 While they baked, Levi kept very busy. First recording the books we'd read on his Book-It sheet,
 then drawing pictures:
 About an hour later, the pumpkin was fork tender and ready to be cranked through our Victorio Food Mill.
And then there was this:
 a bowl full of pumpkin puree. I bagged most of it for the freezer, and kept some out to make
 pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Oh my, they were so, so good.
 Then on Sunday we met up with my sister and niece at Papa's Pumpkin Patch!
 The big slide is by far the boys' favorite part.
 The kids had a great time playing, running around and exploring.
 The kids floated from one thing to the next at the playground. We visited the pigs and chickens
 and then played some more.
 Finally it was time to go find our pumpkins. Levi and Rylee were antsy to go back to the slide, so Noah and I went out and found a pumpkin for Noah and one for Levi.
We had a great time finding the pumpkins - so little drama since it was just me and Noah - maybe doing things as a family of four is overrated.....? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment