Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Snow

I admit it, I love snow. But I also admit that I don't like it in March. The moisture is awesome, but the snow can go. Spring break week ended with several inches of snow and strong winds on Saturday and Sunday. Here's the view out the back door on Saturday night before I went to bed. It wasn't even snowing, so I figured this would be the end of it.
 Wrong. We woke up to three, four, five (I really have no idea) inches of snow on Sunday morning. Church was called off and so we had the strangest Palm Sunday I can ever remember having.
 We have two steers that my uncle has graciously been feeding daily for us for months now. He was away for a few days so we needed to go to his place to feed Bucky and Train Wreck. Of course that meant all four of us piled into the tractor for the just-over-a-mile trek. Ben didn't bother with a coat. I, on the other hand had cover-alls, boots, a coat, my coffee and camera with me. I felt a little high maintenance.
 My aunt and uncle have the coolest barn. Look at that row of windows!
Oh, and there's Train Wreck and Bucky, hi guys! Thank goodness feeding them takes little effort, especially for me since I was still holding my coffee and camera. 
When we drove back on our yard we spotted Chuckles the pregnant (again) cat in a warm and sunny spot inside the barn. She might be promiscuous, but she has moments of brilliance. 
 From the start of Sunday, it was clear that our family was DONE with snow for the winter. The boys never wanted to go out and play in it. I didn't either - which is weird. We didn't shovel our sidewalks or driveway at all. We just did our best to ignore it all together. We'll take the moisture, but this spring snow is more than welcome to melt away quickly. I have a garden to plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment