Monday, June 14, 2010

Finally!

I have been waiting for nearly 3 years for this to happen...we recently ripped out our living room and hallway carpet and had hardwood flooring installed!
For better or worse, the boys never seemed to really notice the transition from carpet to plywood.

Thankfully, they pretty much left the saws and other tools alone, too.
We chose to have unfinished oak installed. Here it is, raw and delicious (can you tell how much I like wood floors?).
Man-oh-man, was our house LOUD! Just talking in a normal voice sounded like shouting. The boys immediately started playing basketball.
And then, after I went on a work trip to New Orleans I came home to beautified (stained and sealed) wood floors!! The fumes weren't too bad, and the dust could have been so much worse.
Just last night we moved the furniture back in and it feels really good. Some day, we'll find a rug for the floor...but for now I'm enjoying the wood. It's so smooth! The boys put socks on and "ice skate" - no concussions or black eyes yet.

It was worth the wait!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's gorgeous!! I am a fan of wood floors too (not that you could tell from our current home).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice, warm feeling that gives your house! Looks great. Send to YHL, hehe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Tina that looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete