Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

It was a hot, full and wonderful weekend. Wheat harvest got underway, Levi tried wearing underwear, we washed the car in the driveway, went swimming - twice, rode the combine, took naps and spent time with family. I told you it was a full weekend.

Levi started out Saturday in underwear...then pooped all over himself (and me) while we were at Stone Creek Nursery (that was fun...). We're still trying underwear with him, but accidents are frequent.
Sunday evening my family gathered at my sister's house. Sherri recently purchased an old camper that she's working at finishing out. The boys LOVED it.

Erica grilled burgers for us and mom and I brought the rest of the meal for a delicious Father's Day celebration.

Thanks dad for all you do for us and your grandchildren.

Ben and I decided to keep Mother's Day and Father's Day very simple this year. So, instead of a gift Ben played a round of golf on Saturday and got a long nap on Sunday. Simple is sometimes the best we can manage. Ben is a wonderful father. He has far more patience with the boys than I do. And he's got this laid back/hands-on approach to letting them play and learn that I wish I could master. Thanks for all you do Ben, you're a great dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment