Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunny Snow

The boys experienced sledding for the first time on Saturday. Ben has very fond memories of sledding as a child. So he headed to the hardware store and bought a plastic disc sled for our family to try out. We started in our front yard - baby steps, ya know. The boys LOVED it.



There was quite a bit of negotiating that happened to make sure that each boy had equal time on the sled.


Ben also got a fair bit of exercise running around our yard pulling the sled. I came out of the house in my slippers to take these pictures. I have to admit, I was enjoying catching glimpses of this through the windows from inside the house.


After naps, we took a pretty big leap and went to the farm for some four-wheeler powered sledding.


We had a great time until the sled broke. I don't think it's a good idea for me to sled on a thin plastic disc over rocks...

So, we went inside to warm up and eat, I mean play, with Play-doh.



It was such a good day! The boys had a good time sledding and begged for more, so we borrowed a sled and went out to the farm again on Sunday. Unfortunately, it was cold and cloudy. We chose a spot with deeper snow, but the boys got cold and did not like falling into deeper snow. Hopefully, we'll be able to sled again yet this winter. If not, the new sled we bought will just have to wait until next year.

2 comments:

  1. When they get brave enough, try Mt Hesston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to sled! Wish I could have gone along...

    ReplyDelete