Tuesday, February 16, 2010

and now he's 4

Four years ago we welcomed this little boy into the world.

Our little boy is truly growing up.


I am not the mom who makes fancy/cute cakes, it's just not something that interests me. But, by borrowing a tractor-shaped cake pan from a friend, making a cake that actually looked like something was fun and super-easy.


My parents came over on Sunday night for a simple birthday party. Noah got embarrassed when we sang Happy Birthday to him.


He got a Curious George coloring book, soccer ball, Hungry Hungry Hippos, a book and a planter.


Levi was a little bummed that it wasn't his birthday.


The planter was a HUGE hit!


And Hungry Hungry Hippos has been thoroughly broken-in.


On Monday morning, his birthday, we let him open the gift that Grandpa and Grandma Schrag sent. Levi grabbed the John Deere shirt right away and slipped it over his head.


Thankfully, Noah was very busy with the magnetic farm activity kit and didn't even mind that Levi was wearing his new t-shirt.


I also got my first shot at sending birthday treats to preschool. So, I made Rice Krispie treats, then Ben helped me cut them out into heart shapes, dip them in chocolate and then we decided to add some sprinkles. I figure there is a very limited number of birthdays that I can send heart shaped treats with Noah, so I'd better do it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment