Monday, January 11, 2010

A surprising evening

Concert going is not a normal thing for Ben and me. Having access to four el-cheapo tickets is not normal. Surprising my cousin Megan is not normal, but it is oh-so-much fun.

Ben had access to cheap tickets to the Brad Paisley concert in Wichita this past Saturday. We teamed up with Chelan to surprise Megan and it worked! We convinced her to come to Wichita with us, ate a nice dinner at Hanger One Steakhouse and then we even convinced her that maybe we could just check out the new Intrust Bank Arena. Ben's tickets came with a parking pass, so we had nearly next-to-the-building parking. It wasn't until we were inside the building that Ben handed out the tickets, and she was totally surprised! I love a good surprise.

We had a good time listening to Justin Moore,

and Miranda Lambert

and Brad Paisley. It was a good show. I don't think any of us LOVE country music, but we all knew just about every song Brad played. Plus, that man can play guitar, sheesh!


I was enthralled by all the technology. Each artist switched guitars for nearly every song, there were lights flashing in all sorts of fantastic ways and combinations, and huge screens showing videos and images. It's amazing - maybe I'm naive, but I thought it added a wow-factor.



Good times. The arena was pretty impressive, too. It was nice to be in such a big place and have the bathrooms so clean - that just isn't normal.

All the photos are from cmt.com.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, Tina - I was just thinking you sure got some nice shots! pat

    ReplyDelete