Friday, January 1, 2010

Another birthday

I gotta say, turning 29 felt like...well, nothing really. I have found the transition to adult birthdays (you know, the one's that don't bring you a new freedom like driving, gambling, alcohol, renting a car...) to be such a downer. I would almost rather skip them altogether. I don't mind getting older, it's just that birthdays used to be a big deal and now they're just another page turned in life.

Ok, so regardless of all that...my birthday was an enjoyable day. We had my aunt, uncle and cousins over for supper. I share my birthday with my cousin Austin - he's 10 years younger then me.



Our boys LOVE to play with my cousins. Kyle and Austin are in college, Braden is in high school yet thankfully they still remember how fun it is to get on the floor and play, trains, tractors, and games.


Duane and Karen - it is a blessing to have their family near us.


Levi keeping up with the Huskers before their game made it onto TV. The Huskers won the Holiday Bowl - easily, it was awesome.


Austin and Braden


Kyle eating "cookies" Levi made for him.


It made for a full basement, but it was great evening with family!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I TOTALLY did think of you the other day and remembered your birthday. I just didn't let YOU know that I had. :-) Really!

    ReplyDelete