Friday, March 6, 2009

What a day! I was outside more today then I have been in the last 3 months combined. We had a wonderful time outside all morning and most of the afternoon. The boys smelled like sunscreen and had dirt smudged on their faces. We had windows and doors open, just letting the fresh air flow through the house.

I must admit, being at home with the boys on a weekday is so much harder then going to work. It is out of routine for all of us, and it's challenging to me to figure out how to get tasks done around the house while the boys are with me. I know that sounds strange because we're together on Saturday's and Sunday's all the time. But, for some reason, it's just different on a weekday. I marvel at the fact that many women are at home with their children all day every day. I feel like I had a great day, but I'm totally worn out - but in a good way...it's hard to explain.

Here's a peak at our day together:

The neighbor's cat came to our yard for a visit. Noah mostly tried to shoo it away, but Levi was completely in awe of it - like he'd never seen a cat before. He laughed at it and pointed and kept a close eye on it until the cat went back home.







Levi's eyes were such an amazing shade of blue outside in the sun this morning. I tried to capture it with this photo, but it doesn't show like I hoped it would.



The wagon...Levi LOVES it and Noah won't stop pulling him in it. In some ways, this is a wonderful thing because it means I can simply watch Noah pull Levi around. But, twice today Noah pulled Levi around the 1/2 mile circle that we live on. Noah had to keep checking on Levi, pull the wheels through any water on the street, stop to look at this and that, and even check Levi's diaper at one point. Noah would not allow me to pull the wagon, or even touch it. It was cute, but it took forever.



Levi discovered his infant car seat this afternoon (yes, it's still out...I really need to get it cleaned up and store it downstairs). Ever since baby Rylee arrived, Noah likes to put his baby doll in the car seat, strap it in and cover it with a blanket. But, today, Levi just sat in it and rocked and held the baby.



This video is sort of a freakish deal. All of the sudden tonight, Levi started spinning circles. He was in the middle of getting changed into his jammies and apparently stumbled upon the fact that he can turn circles and get dizzy, and he just kept spinning and spinning.



I can't end this post without mentioning that we found out this evening that Ben's grandpa, Eddie Schrag, passed away today. Ben's parents and siblings are trying to figure out travel plans to come to Kansas next week. I loved to listen to Eddie tell stories and laugh - just thinking about him makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment