Monday, March 16, 2009

Morning at Pages

Saturday morning, Noah and I went to Pages Bookshop in Newton. Noah loves their hot chocolate, I love thier mochas and we both love their cookies. The activity for kids on Saturday was Irish dancing. I wasn't sure if Noah would be interested in the dancing, but I knew he would have a good time at Pages regardless. I love hanging out with Noah one-on-one. He cracks me up.





Noah was fascinated by the typewriter at Pages, having never seen one, he thought it was a brand new toy.


And then the dancing started. He watched the girls for a long time. We read some books and played in the tent while the girls were dancing. He kept an eye on them the whole time, keeping track of what they were doing. Finally, he decided he could join their circle, but instead of moving his feet his stood still and watched.


Then, the girls got to put on fun skirts and dance apparel and I got Noah to wear a dragon costume. It's one of the fun items just waiting at Pages for kids to play with and it was just the ticket to get Noah involved in the activities.


Then Noah spotted the fairy wings, and once he got those on, he ran like the wind! In a circle, with a serious look on his face, he went around and around and around.


No comments:

Post a Comment