Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bath tub fun

What is it about little ones in a bathtub that is so precious? I have, for several weeks, wanted to snap some photos of Levi in the bathtub. It is primarily my job to bathe Levi, and these times are very dear to my heart. He seems more vulnerable and innocent at bath time. Every night, he gets a quick bath, he chews on his little bath toys for a few minutes and then I lay him down on his towel on the floor and wrap him up before I whisk him off to get a fresh diaper and jammies. The picture below is a good representation of how he looks at me each night after his bath. He's always in a good mood for this, always. The last picture in this post is of him chewing on a bath toy. It's amazing how hard he'll chew on those things - it must feel good on his hurting gums.



It's a toss-up if Noah enjoys or detests his bath, all based on how tired he is. Some nights, he has so much fun playing that we can't get him out. Other nights he will scream (I mean blood-curdling-ear-piercing-all-out-nasty) his way through the entire thing. One of my favorite parts of bathing Noah (which is something that Ben usually does) is the way his long eyelashes look when they're wet. Long, dark and bunched up because of the water. Again, there's something about a calm bath time that can make Noah seem intensely innocent. I made several attempts at capturing his eyelashes in the perfect photo, but most of them didn't turn out well. Below is the best one I got.



And, just because I thought it was funny, below is Noah playing in the tub. Somehow, without either of trying, the "H" got stuck to him. When I pointed it out to him, he thought it was "silly" to have a letter stuck to him.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the "H" on Noah's little bottom! It's just so innocently funny - I just sat here and laughed for awhile. Just talked with Jim & Mary and they were on a ski lift.

    ReplyDelete