Saturday, October 14, 2017

August 2017

It seems like August is when my garden put production into high-gear this year. But, gardening wasn't the only thing that happened!
We snuck in a family golf outing to Hesston one evening.
 It seems that every year I mix more flowers into my garden and they always bring a smile to my face.
 We borrowed some goats this summer to eat weeds around the farm, for the most part they were pretty amazing to have here.
 I went through a phase of having tons and tons of cucumbers on my hands.


 Noah participated in his first junior high activity by playing drums with the school band in the Threshing Days parade.
 And then both of the boys walked through the parade as part of the Bethesda Home Junior Volunteer group.
 New Year's Cookies in August are always a treat at Threshing Days!
And we still spend a good chunk of time each year looking at the tractors, watching how farming used to be done and admiring the wonders of modern farm technology.
I think the older the boys get the more they appreciate how hard farming used to be!
 See what I mean about all those cucumbers?!
 Then it was time to get our school supplies organized. Thankfully, the boys are old enough they pretty much took care of this mess on their own!


 
 These two are such buddies and are a lot of fun to watch grow up together!
 Noah put together another Emma Creek Golf Tournament. If I remember correctly, the boys actually tied!

 First day of school!! 4th grade for Levi, 6th grade for Noah.


 Last year, my garden did not look this good in the middle of August. Last year was no fun to garden, but this year certainly made up for it!
 Our okra went nuts in August!
 And more cucumbers...



 We had an open house at Levi's school and this piece of artwork was hanging on the wall.
 Thanks to Ben's mom, I have this lovely new sign hanging in my kitchen!

 I get help with canning only when it come to smashing produce through the food mill. :-)

 We went to Wichita to go swimming with Erica and Rylee at their neighborhood pool.

 For a number of weeks this summer we raised rabbits...and then at the end of August we released them into the wild. Levi was not happy about this....not at all...but Ben and I were certain we weren't interested in having these rabbits multiply!

No comments:

Post a Comment