Friday, July 31, 2015

Epp Cousins' Day

There are four cousins on my Epp side - and the four of us have countless memories from spending so much time together growing up. Adult life makes it harder to see each other as much as we'd like, especially without our kids to interrupt and distract us from conversation. So, a Cousins' Day was created and we had a blast!
First stop, Aggieville in Manhattan - I'd never been and was impressed. We ate delicious food at Rock A Belly Deli and then we picked up donuts for dessert next door. 
 Donuts and vintage bikes?! Great combo....too bad it was hot and we didn't have time to rent bikes, that would be a lot of fun some other time!
 Prairie Fire Winery was our destination so we headed east out of Manhattan for a while and just off I-70, there it was!
 I'd never been to a winery before. I think I left with more questions than answers, but it was beautiful and interesting and delicious.
 I wanted to know about how to grow grapes and how they go about making wine and all that.
 But we didn't have time to ask all those questions. The woman that helped us with the wine tasting was busy! There people before us and then more people walked in right after we finished.
My beautiful sister, I'm in the background studying my wine list. :-)
They had a wine list, all of the wines in categories and you could taste 5 different ones. 
 The views were amazing and Kansas was having a good cloud day.
On the way home we stopped in Abilene and I bought an antique kitchen scale. I was pretty excited - and I've even put it to good use already when I made applesauce last weekend!
I'm hoping Cousins' Day becomes an annual event. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment