Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Around the Farm

It's March, it's over 70 degrees outside right now. And I keep reflecting on how weird winter was. 
Time flew, absolutely flew by this winter. Ben was busier than ever with basketball. My mom survived six chemo treatments and we never got enough snow to sled.
It was weird. I feel like I was barely outside, but I also feel like I barely had a chance to be outside. I like to go on walks on cold Sunday afternoons. I like the adventure of walking across a dark farm yard and seeing the stars. But I feel like that barely happened, but how and why?
Regardless, it keeps surprising me that it's March, and at the same time Christmas seems so long ago I can barely remember it. Time is a strange, strange thing.
In addition to officiating basketball (only two games left in the season!!) Ben's busy feeding cattle again this year.
This is the only cattle photo I've taken on my camera this year:
The farmers have also spent weeks unloading corn from the bins on the yard. 
The fourth bin is nearly empty, hopefully that job will wrap up soon. Just in time to start thinking about planting the next corn crop!
In many ways, I'm thrilled that winter seems to be winding down. But in other ways I'm sad. I didn't do as much baking as I thought I would. I didn't get to enjoy being outside in the crisp winter air as much. Playing with the boys out in the snow is always fun (at least for a little while ;-)) and working together as a family to clear out trees is too. But we didn't make time for tree work, and the snow didn't cooperate.
I suppose I'll just have to make the most of the season ahead of us and enjoy the warm sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment