Monday, October 13, 2014

Outside work

While nearly all of our efforts and energy have been toward the inside of our home, but with a huge yard of dirt surrounding us it was bound to grab our attention sooner rather than later.
 Our family friend, Sharon Boese drew a landscape plan for us and we are so thankful for the work she did! We hope/plan to simply take parts of the plan and plant them one area at a time.
 I think some mulch would really set things off nicely, but to simply have plants growing in front of our house makes it feels even more like a home to us.

 We also planted three maple trees out in the yard. We've got our fingers crossed that they take hold and grow.
 Ben got the waterway and mound system planted with a mix of native grasses and flowers just before a nice rain.
 I put all the pumpkins and gourds we bought at the pumpkin patch to good use around our front door.
 Maybe I went a little overboard...but I started and pretty soon I had quite a bit of things set up,
 and I was having so much fun with it I couldn't stop until it felt balanced. When I asked Noah to take me on a 4-wheeler ride to gather hedge apples, Ben just smiled at me, knowing that some sort of outdoor decorating was underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment