Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines

The boys and I created Valentines last week.  It just so happens that I really enjoy working on Valentines and could spend an enormous amount of time picking out designs, paper, candy, cutting, pasting, etc.  However, when you add a 4 and 5 year old to the mix my patience with the project quickly dwindles. 
 I realize that working on writing their own names and the names of their classmates is an excellent opportunity for them to work on their writing skills.  They were excited when we started and I could hardly keep up with them.  But quickly their interest waned and all three of us simply wanted to get the project done so we could move on to playing with tractors and cows again.  In the end, the Valentines do represent what the boys asked for.  They wanted to use Smarties candy and Noah asked that I get all different colors of paper.
 And then, at Story Hour on Friday morning Levi made Super-Hero Valentines.
 Pretty awesome, right?  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment