Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Glorious Easter Sunday

Noah and Levi don't really understand what Easter is about. I tried to tell Noah several times and he looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe next year, the Easter story will make sense to him. But, regardless of understanding the stories in the bible, the boys both understand candy and new farm toys. An Easter basket was simply a convenient excuse for me to get Noah a grain truck and to get Levi a loader tractor - both items we have been missing in Noah's ever-expanding farm play.

The day started with a search for Easter baskets. Levi had no clue what was going on, but he thought it was fun once he spotted it. Noah understood pretty well, but we still had to help him look.

Do you like Noah matching outfit? We're about a quarter of the way to having Noah potty trained at night, so there is often a partial wardrobe change in the middle of the night. He had no clue he was standing right next to the Easter basket when I took this photo.


Years ago, my parents hid one of my sister's Easter baskets in the oven. My mom had told Noah the story on Saturday night, but by the morning Noah had forgotten.




Our niece Rylee was dedicated at Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church on Sunday, so we went to be a part of this special worship service. Rylee was her normal-angelic-self and all three looked stunning!





After church, we stopped at Cracker Barrel restaurant for lunch. Oh-me-oh-my, do I enjoy their pancakes! We had a wonderful lunch - although not typical Easter food.




Sunday evening the Epp family gathered to celebrate Easter at my parent's house. Supper was unfortunately eventful - after eating a good supper, Levi coughed a few times and then threw up. He wasn't actually sick, though, I think it was his stomachs reaction to too much lactose. So, Levi had an early bath and got into his jammies before we even got out to the shed for the traditional Easter egg/basket/bag hunt. So, he wore his footy jammies with shoes out to the shed - he looked ridiculously cute.


Noah found his Easter bag in the tractor.


And, after herding the cats, I mean second cousins, together I actually got a photo of them! All but Rylee are on the air seeder. Addi, Caiden, Noah, Ty, Cambry and Levi - they make quite the crew!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--Rylee is ADORABLE!!!!! What a cutie! And so much hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I forgot to put up one picture of her last night, so I just added another one of her in her Easter dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby girl! Must be those Schmidt genes. :)

    ReplyDelete