Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chicago - the random shots

I love Chicago. I'm not totally sure why, but it all started when I was in high school and was a huge fan of Michael Jordan. I dreamed of going to Chicago to see him play - it never happened, but I think that was the beginning. In college, I spent one month in Chicago at the Urban Life Center - it was by the far the coldest January of my life - but it was a fantastic experience! So, these random shots of the city couldn't be left off the blog. Ben kept rolling his eyes at me, when I had to stop and take photos, but I simply can't help it. Maybe it's the farm girl in me, maybe it's that my infatuation with this city has never ended.


This house was in Hyde Park, along our way to the Frank Lloyd Wright house.


The river and tall buildings. I love tall buildings, they're amazing.


The landscaping around the city was impressive and inspiring. It wasn't just along Michigan Ave., it was in many areas around town.


I just couldn't resist photographing the Sears Tower when we walked past it. It is SO tall. I've been to the top and seen it many times, but it never fails to amaze me. You feel like you're going to fall over backwards when you stand near it and look up. Maybe I'm just easily impressed....?

No comments:

Post a Comment