Sunday, September 14, 2008

We've got a sign, do you?



As a Mennonite, Presidential campaigns are a tricky thing. I'm opposed to war, I'm opposed to using violence to solve a problem. Yet, the President of the United States is in charge of our military. Our President has the power to flip switches and press buttons that could potentially heave this world into horrible, violent, ugly, and wasteful battles with any number of countries around this planet.

That being said, I am more involved in the presidential campaign than any other one of my lifetime. No, I'm not up on every issue - I'm not even sure where Obama stands on some of the issues I should probably know about.

My vote in November will be for Obama. He at the least, gives me hope that our country can work alongside other nations around the world in a decent, dare I say healthy, manner. He also gives me the most hope for our government embracing alternative forms of energy. There are more reasons, but it's getting late and I don't want to bore anyone.

Maybe drilling isn't the best way. Maybe taking the time to blink is a good idea. OK, those are the only negative comments I'll make about McCain and Palin except to say that I'm scared of McCain. Literally, he makes me fearful. Check out the video at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iQoZFCtAQE

1 comment:

  1. So you don't know me, and I don't know you, however I read your blog a couple weeks back and have been concerned. I grew up in a very conservative Mennonite church. I understand the doctrine and theology of the Mennonites. I'm not saying that McCain is the perfect choice for president, however; i strongly suggest that you do some research on Obama. As a conservative Christian woman the one who scares me is Obama. When someone has stated that they would side with the Muslims and my freedom of religion is at stake.....he's the one that I fear. Just do some research and read Obama's books before you vote.

    ReplyDelete